What personal information we collect and why we collect it
“Personal information” means any information that could be used to identify an individual. This may include such items as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
How we collect your personal information and what we collect
We collect personal information directly from you when you provide it to us, including contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, and email address) and tax receipt information.
We also automatically collect information when you access our Site. This information does not contain any personally identifiable information and is collected to help us serve our visitors better. Examples of information we may automatically collect are:
- Your computer’s operating system, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, your location;
- Your usage time, language, the website that referred you and activity on our Site;
- Data that is uploaded and transferred; and
- User interaction such as clicks throughout the Site.
How we use and disclose your personal information
We may use and share your personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Contacting and corresponding with you;
- Facilitating your registration as a volunteer;
- Accepting and processing donations;
- Issuing tax receipts to donors;
- Communicating with you about future fundraising events and other news;
- Recognizing our volunteers, donors and sponsors publicly for their contributions (for example, publication of donor recognition lists, posting of donor plaques, etc.);
- Helping us determine how you use our Site so that we can optimize your experience; and
- Generating statistics to measure and analyze the Site’s activities.
Volunteers, donors and sponsors may opt out of receiving news or being recognized publicly – see the “opt-out” section below.
There may be times we may disclose personal information without consent when required to do so by law (for example subpoenas, search warrants, and other government or legal orders).
Analytics and Cookies
We use analytics and cookies to help us better understand how you use our Site. You can control your cookies and other technology preferences by going to your browser settings and tools. Please note, if you disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not function properly.
Third Party Access
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you wish to limit or withdraw your consent, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
How we keep your personal information
We strictly protect the confidentiality of all personal information that we collect. We do not sell, trade, or lease this information. We have in place reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure, or destruction.
Your personal information will be retained only as long as necessary to serve our purposes or as required by law. Information no longer needed will be securely disposed of or destroyed.
How you can access or correct your personal information
If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your personal information, you may contact us using the contact information provided in the Contact Us section below.
Light Up Your Life Tri-Community Palliative/Hospice Care Society
4405 South Park Drive
Stony Plain AB T7Z 2M7