The Light Up Your Life Tri-Community Palliative/Hospice Care Society has worked diligently and with pride for three decades to improve the lives of Tri-Community residents facing the end of life. We are grateful for the recognition our work has received during that time. The awards and recognition are a testament to everything we are working to achieve, and we are humbled and proud to accept them as incentive to continue doing what we can to provide enhanced support to all those who will benefit from our efforts.
AWARDS and NOMINATIONS
- 2018 Philanthropy Award for Health, Association of Fundraising Professionals (previously nominated in 2010 and 2011)
- Pillar of the Community 2016, LUYL Vice-Chair Sharon Cornelius, Spruce Grove Examiner/Stony Plain Reporter
- Recipient in 2015 of the Minister’s Seniors Service Award
- Pillar of the Community 2014, LUYL Chair Linda McCreath, Spruce Grove Examiner/Stony Plain Reporter
- Recipient in 2011 of the Rotary Club of Stony Plain Integrity Award
- Nominated in 2010 and 2011 for the National Philanthropy Award for Social Service
- Nominated in 2010 for the Stars of Alberta Volunteer Award
- Nominated in 2009 for the Minister’s Seniors Service Award
- Recipient in 2006 of Alberta Health Services R.E.A.C.H. Award
- Partner in Health (Public) in May 2005, Alberta Association of Registered Nurses
2018 Philanthropy Award in the category of Health — Association of Fundraising Professionals
The Light Up Your Life Society was recognized at the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Edmonton Awards Gala on November 15, 2018 at the Winspear Theatre in Edmonton. Nominated by the Good Samaritan Society, this is the third time the LUYL Society has received this recognition, having been nominated in 2010 and 2011. The LUYL Society is truly honoured to receive this award in recognition of our work since 1992 in support of palliative/hospice & continuing care in the Tri-Community area.
Alberta Seniors Award — Minister’s Seniors Service Award
The LUYL Society was delighted to be honoured at Alberta Government House on October 6, 2015 as a recipient of this prestigious award. Accepting the award from Health Minister Sarah Hoffman and MLA Erin Babcock were LUYL Directors Sharon Cornelius, Ann Bumback, Jean Shaul, Zoie Perina, Dorothy Balkwill, and Daphne LeGrow.
Did you know….?
GIFTED DONATIONS and IN-MEMORY DONATIONS
(in recognition of a birthday or anniversary) are accepted throughout the year as well as during our annual campaign, and may be sent to:
Light Up Your Life Society
4405 South Park Drive
Stony Plain AB T7Z 2M7
Charitable Business Number 86282 5544 RR0001
IMPORTANT: ***We need your MAILING ADDRESS to issue tax receipts for donations. Please email this information to email@example.com***.
Your ongoing support means so very much to us. We can’t thank you enough.